Baking Time!

Hello my internet friends!

Tying in with my post about my health kick, I thought I would post a recipe for a change. I first made this recipe in grade eight home economics class and I remembered it recently and decided to make it for a second time today.

This is my recipe for CARROT AND ZUCCHINI MUFFINS :)

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups self-raising flour (I used wholemeal self-raising flour as a healthier alternative)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup grated carrot
  • 1 cup grated zucchini 
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (you can use any type of nut - I actually didn't have walnuts in the cupboard so I opted for almonds)
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk (low fat or whatever type of milk you fancy)
  • 90g butter, melted (low fat)
STEPS
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius 
  2. Grate carrots and zucchini
  3. Beat eggs
  4. Melt butter and set aside to cool
  5. Sift flour, bi-carb soda and cinnamon (I couldn't find the sieve so I was lazy and skipped this step!)
  6. Add sugar, carrots, zucchini, butter, eggs, milk and nuts and mix well
  7. Divide the mixture into greased muffin tins
  8. Bake for 20 minutes in a moderate oven
The mixture makes about 18 muffins and you can also serve them sliced in half and with butter if you wish. They are absolutely delicious and don't feel like you're eating something healthy (which I'm sure is wonderful news to you sweet-toothed ones out there!) So go on and give this recipe a shot! 

Let me know in the comments if you give it a go and if you made any changes :) Good luck on your baking adventures!

Toodle-pip!

Hxx

Comments