Don't be afraid to be you

Hello beautiful internet friends,

I know this is a fairly cliché topic but it's something that I've been thinking about recently. I feel like so many people are worried about fitting in that they change things about them or hide away parts to them that make them who they are. 

Using myself as an example - anyone who knows me knows that I love musical theatre, and that's kind of a 'weird' thing to be passionate about. Some people do think that I am strange or curious for liking such a different art form. The thing is, is that it's part of who I am. It's part of my past, my interests, and my dreams, and I don't think I could be (or want to be) close to someone who didn't understand or at least respect that it is a passion of mine. 

Take pride in what you love and what you believe in because it's part of what makes you who you are. You're the best version of you in the universe, so be you. I think it's the quirky things that make people most interesting anyway. Different is interesting, and don't be afraid to be that. 

So step out of your shell and stop hiding away the parts of you that may be considered odd, and make that part shine. Be different. Be proud to be you. Be you.

Have a splendid day you wonderful person,

Toodle-pip!
Hxx

Comments