Beating Yourself Up

Hello lovelies,

I wanted to write this as an encouragement to any of you who may be going through a rough time. Are you blaming yourself for something or feeling disappointed in yourself? 

Stop beating yourself up.

I have personally experienced this mainly with anxiety and panic attacks. The time between my first panic attack and my second was probably around two months. In that time I was glad that nothing of the sort had happened again, and I had hope that it wouldn't happen again. After my second panic attack, I basically hit rock bottom. I was disappointed in myself that I let it happen again. I felt like I had to start all over again and didn't have any hope that I could be better in the long term. I was anxious and sad for a long time afterwards and was constantly on edge, waiting for another panic attack to strike. I blamed myself and I beat myself up about it. 

It wasn't until I sought help that this idea of beating myself up was conquered. I realised that in the past I had gone through a lot of stressful things without having panic attacks, so I needed to stop anticipating them to happen whenever something mildly stressful was about to happen. (My panic attacks occurred when a lot of stressful things were happening at once and I became overwhelmed - and they were bad times!) 

I needed to believe in myself again. I learnt how to cope and although there is still that small part of me that worries if I'll be anxious about something, I know how to deal with that and I don't beat myself up about it. It's who I am and feelings are made to be felt. You can choose how you deal with it and for starters, I suggest to stop beating yourself up about it. 

Everyone has bad days and sometimes you may just need to take some time to yourself and have a mopey, sad, lazy day. That's perfectly okay. Pick yourself back up again tomorrow. 

#PayItForward

Toodle-pip!
Hxx

Comments