The Teacher of 10G

Hello lovelies,

This morning I found myself reminiscing my high school years and flicking through some lovely letters I collected over that time. I found two letters from my English teacher in grade 10. She gave letters to everyone in the class on our first day and on our last day as we left 10G for the last time. I remember at the time thinking it was kind of weird and not really getting it, but looking back, it means so much more to me and I remember those classes with fondness. 

The first letter she gave me as she welcomed me into the room simply says, "Welcome to year 10 English", along with this quote from Nelson Mandela:

Let Your Light Shine
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." 

As I walked out of 10G for the last time, she wrote me a really sweet, long letter about the qualities she admired in me and how she wished me a happy life, and that the world would always give me reason to smile. On the front she added this Irish blessing:

"May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And the rain fall soft upon your fields.

Until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand."

I hope that my English teacher from 10G knows how special these letters are to me, and I'm sure to many other students as well. I hope this provided you with some encouragement or even that nice warm feeling! Go and spread love and kindness like this wonderful lady did for little 15 year old me.

Toodle-pip!
Hxx

Comments